Hot Cranberry Grog
|Cranberry-juice cocktail||1 Quart (1 Bottle)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 (3 Inch Long)|
|Whole allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Light rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||4 (6 Inch Long)|
1) In a saucepan, place together juice, brown sugar, small cinnamon sticks, spices and salt.
2) Heat the cranberry mixture to boil.
3) Put the lid on and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
4) Pour in the rum and allow to boil again.
5) In 4 mugs place a long cinnamon stick and, if desired, a teaspoon of butter in each.
6) Pass the cranberry grog through strainer into the mugs and serve.