Cranberry Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||1 , halved lengthwise and seeded|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
|Southern comfort||3 Tablespoon|
|Cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a buttered baking dish and place squash in it. Bake for about 35 minutes.
3) In the meanwhile, take a small saucepan and melt butter in it. Stir in sugar, marmalade, Southern Comfort and cranberries. Cook over medium heat until a thick sauce is formed.
4) Take out the squash from the oven and sprinkle each side with salt. Pour the cranberry mixture over each half and bake for another 25 minutes or until tender.
5) Serve with some whipped cream and fresh cranberries, if desired.