Cranberry Orange Cornish Game Hens
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup, melted
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste, freshly ground
Whoe Berry Cranberry Sauce - 1/2 cup
Orange Marmalade - 1/2 cup
Fresh Lemon Juice - 3 tablespoons
Onion - 1 tablespoon, minced
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) Smear butter on the insides and out of the game hens. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
3) In a shallow pan, arrange the hens.
4) Roast the hens for 15 minutes. Then turn down the heat to 375F and roast for 60 more minutes. Keep basting the meat with the drippings.
5) In a bowl, mix cranberry sauce, marmalade, lemon juice and onion.
6) When 20 minutes of roasting are left, baste the hens more often.
7) Just before serving, baste one last time.
8) Serve Cranberry Orange Cornish Game Hens with cranberry sauce on the side, if desired.