Cranberry Poached Pears
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Star anise||1 Teaspoon|
|Bosc pears||8 , peeled, halved and cored|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt||1 Quart|
1) Combine together the lime juice, water, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and tea bags in a 4-quart pot.
2) Add the pears and submerge them as much as possible.
3) Bring the mixture almost to a boil over high heat. Stop when the steam starts to rise.
4) Reduce the heat to moderate and gently simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or till the pears are just soft enough when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
5) With a slotted spoon, remove the pears and place them on individual dessert bowls.
6) Into a bowl, strain the liquid from the pot. Measure out 1 ½ cups and return to the pot.
7) Add the honey, vanilla and cranberries.
8) Cover the pit and cook over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes or till the cranberries start to pop.
9) Chill the preparation if preferred.
10) In the hollowed-out part of each pear, put a small scoop of frozen yogurt.
11) With a slotted spoon, spoon the cranberries all over the pears and the frozen yogurt.
12) Serve right away after garnishing with mint leaves.