Warm Cherry, Orange, And Cranberry Compote With Vanilla Ice Cream
|Canned pitted cherries||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sweetened cranberry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dried|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Ginger snaps/Vanilla wafers / cinnamon sugar cookies||250 Gram (For Garnish)|
|Orange||1 , zested and juiced|
1) Take a microwave-safe bowl, add cherries and their juice, orange zest and juice and the dried, sweetened cranberries. Mix well.
2) Using a plastic wrap, loosely cover the dish and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
3) Using a plastic ladle, stir the fruit, and microwave for 1 minute longer.
4) Allow the fruits to stand for 5 minutes.
5) On tall cocktail glasses, add scoops of vanilla ice cream.
6) Spoon the sauce over ice cream.
7) Decorate with ginger snaps, vanilla wafers or cinnamon sugar cookies.