Cranberry Refrigerator Cookies
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Ocean Spray Brand)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
2. In an electric mixer at medium speed, slowly add both sugars to shortening and cream until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat at high speed such to mix well for 1 minute.
4. Lower the speed and add walnuts and flour mixture to blend well.
5. Include the chopped cranberries with fingers into the dough.
6. Make 3 loaves 2 inch square of the dough by pressing and shaping it.
7. Store in a refrigerator or in an airtight container after wrapping tightly with wax paper, plastic or aluminum foil and serve with beverages or snacks.