Cranberry Mounds cookies
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen, Thawed)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375° F (190°C).
2) Take cookie sheets and grease lightly.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar till fluffy.
5) Beat in egg, vanilla extract and orange juice till well blended.
6) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
8) Fold in walnuts and cranberries with hand.
9) For the Food Processor Method, begin with chopping cranberries using the appropriate blade.
10) Take off from workbowl and keep aside.
11) Beat cream and sugar till fluffy.
12) While the processor is running add egg, orange juice and vanilla extract and process well.
13) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
14) Add the batter to work bowl one half at a time and process.
15) Fold in walnuts and cranberries with hand.
16) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
17) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-14 minutes till firm and golden.
18) Place in wire racks and cool.
19) Serve cold.