Guard of Honour
|Lamb neck||2 , thawed|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onions||4 Ounce, skinned|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce|
|Turmeric||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lamb stock||1 Pint (Made From Trimmings)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, flaked|
1) Trim the excess fat from the lamb and clean the bones from the nut of the meat.
2) Tie them together with fat inside and let the bones cross.
3) Tie with string.
4) In a roasting tin, place the lamb and roast in oven at temperature of 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
5) In the pan, melt the 1 oz of butter and saute onions until soft.
6) Add rice and cook for further 5 minutes until brown.
7) Mix turmeric and bayleaf with the rice and pour seasoned stock. 8) Boil the stock.
9) Tranfer the stock to the casserole and cover it.
10) Cook in the oven on the side of the lamb at the 30 minutes of the end of the cooking time.
11) In a serving dish, arrange the rice mixture and top with lamb.
12) Garnish with nutes and parsley sprigs.