Cranberry Jeweled Crown
|Fresh cranberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), rinsed|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange-flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix cranberries with the cold water and sugar. Bring to boiling over medium heat and cook until skins of cranberries pop. Force through a sieve or food mill; set aside.
2. Heat orange juice. Combine gelatin and salt in a bowl; add orange juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Stir in the sieved cranberries. Cool; chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Fold whipped cream and walnuts into gelatin mixture. Turn into a 1 1/2-quart fancy mold. Chill until firm.
5. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate.