Cranberry Jeweled Crown
|Fresh cranberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), rinsed|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange-flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix cranberries with the cold water and sugar. Bring to boiling over medium heat and cook until skins of cranberries pop. Force through a sieve or food mill; set aside.
2. Heat orange juice. Combine gelatin and salt in a bowl; add orange juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Stir in the sieved cranberries. Cool; chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Fold whipped cream and walnuts into gelatin mixture. Turn into a 1 1/2-quart fancy mold. Chill until firm.
5. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3829 Calories from Fat 2167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g372.1%
Saturated Fat 60.8 g304.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320 mg106.7%
Sodium 671.2 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g104.1%
Dietary Fiber 46 g183.9%
Sugars 247.5 g
Protein 123 g245.6%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 235.3%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet