1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked in 3 cups water for 2-3 hours)
Milled flax seeds
1 Cup (16 tbs), grounded
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Pinch (Himalayan Pink Sea salt)
2 Clove (10 gm)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked
Red bell pepper
3 , soaked
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Kale / Collards)
1. In a large bowl, combine the soaked chia, milled flax seeds, hemp seeds, chili powder, spirulina and sea salt. Give a stir to mix and set aside.
2. In a blender, add in garlic, onion, raisins, celery stalk, carrot, red bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Coarsely blend all the ingredients.
3. Add in the veggie mixture to the chia seed mixture in the bowl. Mix well until everything is fully combined.
4. Line the de-hydrator tray with a sheet of teflex or parchment paper.
5. Spread out the chia seed and vegetable mixture evenly onto the sheet.
6. Place the tray in the dehydrator and set the temperature to 110 degrees F.
7. After about 6 – 8 hours, carefully peal the chia seed mixture from the sheet. Turn over carefully and return to the dehydrator for another 6 – 8 hours or until the cracker is hard and crispy.
8. Lightly score the crackers once out of the dehydrator.
9. Allow them to cool off and harden completely on the sheet before storing them in an airtight container.
10. Cut the scored crackers and serve them with raw soup, avocado, hummus, raw cheese or any kind of raw dip or spread.
If you find that the crackers get soggy and flimsy when you take them out of the storage container, pop them back in the dehydrator for another couple of hours.
These Chia Crackers are simply amazing. This recipe is raw and gluten free. Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3's, complete protein & calcium and you can use the vegetable pulp from the juicer as well. These dehydrated crackers are so crisp, you can hear the “snap” and will never believe they are raw.
Veggie-Packed Raw Chia Crackers - Healthy Raw Vegetable Crackers Recipe Video