Graham Cracker Cream Pie
|Graham crackers||4 1⁄2 Ounce, finely rolled (1 Packet, 1 2/3 Cups Crumbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling mix||7 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Take a bowl add crumbs with softened butter or margarine and 1/4 cup sugar and blend them well.
3. Add the mixture to the 9-inch pie plate and spread it over the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
4. Bake the mixture for 7 minutes at 375° F. When done allow it to cool.
5. Take a saucepan add milk to pudding and pie filling mix in a very gradual manner.
6. Pour in beaten egg yolks.
7. Cover the mixture and cook it over medium heat until the mixture thickens. The mixture should be stirred constantly.
8. When done remove from heat and cool.
9. Spoon the mixture into baked crust.
10. Take a bowl and beat egg whites until it turns foamy.
11. Blend in the remaining sugar in very gradual manner.
12. Seal the edges of the crust by pouring the meringue over the sealing.
13. Bake the mixture for 4-5 minutes at 425° F until it gets browned.
14. Chill the mixture for about 3-4 hours before serving.
15. Serve chilled.
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 344.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 59.3 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.1% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet