Cracker Hush Puppies
|Hush puppy mix||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Commercial)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||8 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Beer||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients in it stirring well.
2) Take a frying pan and heat oil to 375°F.
3) Add the batter by dropping it with a tablespoon in deep hot oil.
4) Fry a few at a time by turning them over once.
5) Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the hush puppies become golden brown in color.
6) Drain out the excess oil by placing on paper towels before serving.