Crunchy Cheese Crackers
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
4. Stir in the oats, brand remaining from sifting, poppy and cheese.
5. Add the softened butter and rub into the dry ingredients with your finger tips.
6. Add enough water into the flour mixture to bind into a dough.
7. Transfer the dough onto a flour dusted work surface use a dusted rolling pin to roll the dough into a 1/4inch thick sheet to fit the baking sheet.
8. Use a knife or dough cutter to cut into rectangles..
9. Sprinkle a little cayenne and kelp if you like.
10. Using a fork, lightly prick the dough to prevent the crackers from puffing when baking.
11. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the crackers for 40 to 45 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown
12. Remove from the oven and slide the crackers onto a wire rack and allow them to cool and harden.
13. Serve the crackers with your favorite dip or salsa.
14. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.