Graham Cracker Cake
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam/Plum jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub 2 9-inch layer pans with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg yolks, vanilla and then the nuts, beating well after each addition.
3. Mix the crumbs with the baking powder and salt and add in 3 portions, alternately with the milk, to the egg mixture; beat thoroughly after each addition.
4. Whip the egg white with 1/8 teaspoon salt stiff; fold into the batter.
5. Pour into the layer pans. Bake about 30 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool; then spread jam between the layers and top with sweetened whipped cream.