Nut Cracker Sweets
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped nut topping||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Turn the oven to 350°. Tear off a 15-inch piece of foil. Line the baking pan with the foil. Save until Step 3.
2. Put the margarine or butter in the saucepan. Put the pan on the burner. Turn the burner to low. Heat till the margarine melts. Turn off the burner. Remove the saucepan from the burner. With the wooden spoon, stir in brown sugar. Mix well. Save until Step 4.
3. Arrange graham crackers, side by side, in the foil-lined baking pan.
4. Stir the brown sugar mixture. Spoon the brown sugar mixture over the graham crackers. Sprinkle the crackers with the nut topping.
5. Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or till the topping is bubbly. Use hot pads to remove the pan from the oven. Turn off the oven. Put the pan on the cooling rack. When crackers are cool, break each cracker into four pieces along the lines in the crackers. Store crackers in a tightly covered container.