Sweet Graham Cracker Pudding
|Graham cracker sheets||24|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Evenly coat the baking pan with the spray. Layer the crackers on the bottom of the pan, using 6 sheets per layer. Make 4 layers of crackers. Put the baking pan aside.
2. Break the eggs into the bowl. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat with the whisk until the ingredients are blended and you can’t see any streaks of egg white any more.
3. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the crackers. Cover the baking pan with the plastic wrap or foil. Carefully put the baking pan in the refrigerator so the crackers can soak up the egg mixture. Set the timer for 30 minutes.
4. When the timer shows only 10 minutes are left, set the oven to 350° F.
5. When the 10 minutes are over, take the baking pan out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap or foil. With the oven mitts or potholders, put the baking pan in the center of the middle rack in the oven. Set the timer for 40 minutes.
6. When the 40 minutes are over, with the oven mitts or potholders, pull out the oven rack. Poke the middle of the pudding with one of the knives. If the knife comes out wet with egg liquid on it, push in the oven rack and close the oven door. Set the timer for 5 minutes and let the pudding bake more. When the 5 minutes are over, check the pudding again with the second knife. If the knife comes out clean and the pudding is puffed in the center, take the baking dish out of the oven.
7. With the oven mitts or potholders, put the baking dish on top of one of the burners on the range. Set the timer for 5 minutes to let the pudding cool a little bit before you serve it. Cut the pan into squares with the pancake turner. Lift the pieces out of the pan with the pancake turner and put them on the plates. Refrigerate any leftovers.