Celebrate Baltimore's appearance in the Superbowl with this easy, healthy, baked crab cake recipe.
1 Medium, lightly beaten
Old bay seasoning
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
Chopped red pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
4 Tablespoon, chopped finely
Whole wheat bread crumbs
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided
Salt and pepper
Lump crab meat
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl put lemon juice, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, old bay seasoning and whisk well till combined.
3. Add the green onion, red pepper, parsley and ¼ cup of bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix again till combined. Put in the crab meat and fold it in till combined.
4. Take small portion of the crab meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Place it on the remaining bread crumbs and press gently to flatten and coat the cake. Place it on a plate or baking tray. Repeat this with all the crab meat mixture.
5. Bake it for 10 minutes on each side or till done. Remove from the oven and let it sit.
6. In a serving plate, serve the crab cake with choice of dip.