This is a perfect recipe and easy to make. Add all the ingredients into a gallon bag, seal, mix and dispense right into the pan. No messy hands or dishes. Great for appetizer or a full meal.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Pepper and onion
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, mixed
1 Tablespoon (+ 1 teaspoon for sauce)
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (+ 1/4 Cup for sauce)
Artificial crab meat
1 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed (+ 1 Tablespoon for sauce)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)
For the key lime sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Crab Cakes : Place a bag on the bag holder.
2) Chop and add the crab meat and rest of the ingredients for crab cake into the bag.
3) Seal the bag and mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4) In a pan, heat the olive oil and pipe out small cakes of the crab mixture into the pan.
5) Shallow fry the crab cakes until lightly browned on both sides and done.
6) Key Lime Sauce : In a bowl, combine the freshly squeezed lime juice, mayonnaise and creole seasoning together. Mix until thoroughly blended.
7) Spoon the key lime sauce over the crab cakes and serve immediately.