Shrimp And Crabmeat Au Gratin
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced lengthwise through the stem|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Snipped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated (1 Package)|
|Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned king crabmeat||15 Ounce (2 Cans, 7 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Cornflake crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan cover shrimp with salted, boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or just until shrimp are pink and drain.
2. Cook artichoke hearts as package label directs and drain.
3. Preheat oven to 375f.
4. In 2 tablespoons hot butter in a skillet, saute sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes.
5. In 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan, saute garlic and the chopped shallot 5 minutes and remove from heat.
6. Stir in the flour, pepper and dill and then stir in milk.
7. Bring to boiling, stirring and remove from heat.
8. Stir adding half of the cheese until it is melted and stir in the wine.
9. Drain crabmeat, remove cartilage and flake.
10. In a 2-quart casserole, mix lightly combining the sauce, crabmeat, shrimp, artichokes, mushrooms and rest of cheese.
11. Sprinkle with cornflake crumbs and dot with butter.
12. Bake 30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and the cornflake crumbs are browned.
13. Serve the Au Gratin hot with brown flaked crumbs on the top.