Fish and Crab Melange
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|Crab meat||4 Ounce (meat from 1 small fresh crab or frozen or canned)|
|Asparagus tips||2 (for garnishing)|
1. In a bowl take cod. Season it with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
2. Arrange it on a piece of greaseproof paper, dot it with butter.
3. Fold the edges of greaseproof paper so that it can be shaped like an envelope.
4. Cook it in a steamer, which is held over a saucepan of boiling water.
5. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes or until the flesh can be easily separated from the bone.
6. Transfer the contents from the envelope into a basin. Remove skin and centre bone. Keep it aside to cool.
7. Flake the fish with its own cooking liquor.
8. In a chopping board, cut the pepper into half. Remove seeds. Core and dice the flesh and mix it with flaked cod.
9. On a shallow dish, prepare a bed of lettuce. Decorate the edges with a border of flaked cod and pepper.
10. Mix a rounded dessertspoon of mayonnaise into the crab meat. Arrange it in a smaller circle inside the cod.
11. To serve Fish And Crab Melange, garnish with asparagus tips.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.4 mg17.8%
Sodium 136 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 24 g47.9%
Vitamin A 525.3% Vitamin C 213.3%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet