Crab Zucchini Bites
|Zucchini||4 Small, cut into 3/4-inch-thick pieces|
|Chopped fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||3 Dash|
|Canned crabmeat||6 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
1. Using a spoon, scoop out each zucchini center about halfway down on one end; set aside.
2. Keep aside the zucchini centers for use in other recipes.
3. In a 1-quart casserole, combine mushrooms and butter.
4. For 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, microwave at HIGH.
5. Mix in flour.
6. Mix in milk, blend until smooth.
7. Add in onions, paprika, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stir.
8. Cook at HIGH for 1 minute or until thick.
9. Add in crab-meat, stir well, and allow it to stand for 1 minute.
10. Add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of crabmeat mixture into each scooped out zucchini piece.
11. Around outer edge of a paper towel-lined plate, keep half of stuffed zucchini pieces.
12. Cook at MEDIUM HIGH (70% power) for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until heated, rotating plate after 1 minute.
13. Do the same with remaining zucchini.
14. Serve hot. This will yield about 20 appetizer servings.