Artichoke Halves with Crab
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Regular strength chicken broth||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Half-and-half/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Light Cream)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crab meat||1 Pound|
|Shredded swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Trim the artichokes under cutting and cooking.
2. Peel the stems and keep them intact.
3. Halve artichokes lengthwise.
4. Preheat oven to 400°.
5. In a saucepan boil water and cook artichokes in it.
6. Drain out from water.
7. Using a small spoon scoop out choke and tiny inner leaves.
8. In a saucepan melt butter and mix flour to it.
9. Gently add chicken broth, half-and-half, and basil.
10. Cook stirring until boiling and thick.
11. Take off from heat and add crab meat.
12. Transfer crab mixture into a 1 to 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole.
13. Arrange cooked artichoke halves side by side, cupped side up.
14. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over it covering artichokes.
15. Bake, uncovered for about 12 minutes until bubbling.
16. Cover and chill.
17. Uncover and bake for about 20 minutes until bubbling.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg10.1%
Sodium 286.1 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet