Crab With Spring Onions And Ginger
|Crabs||1 Large (Or 2 Medium)|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon (Thick Paste)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon, seasoned|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||4 , cut in short sections|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
1. To prepare the crab cut it in half from the under-belly.
2. Open the shell and discard the feathery gills and the sac.
3. With the back of the cleaver break off the claws and legs, crack the shells of the claws and legs and cut the body into several pieces.
4. Marinate the claws, legs and all the crab pieces with the wine, egg and cornflour paste for 10-15 minutes.
5. In a preheated wok heat the oil and stir-fry the crab pieces with the ginger and spring onions for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the soy sauce, sugar and stock or water, blend well and bring to the boil
7. Braise for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Garnish with the sesame oil and serve hot.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97 mg32.3%
Sodium 810 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet