Crab Meat Suzette
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crab meat/Frozen crab meat-1 package of 6-ounce, thawed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Teaspoon|
|Bottled hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Hollandaise sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients and beat until smooth.
2) Take a saucepan and melt 1 tablespoon butter and add 1 tablespoon flour, dash salt, and white pepper. Stir for few seconds.
3) Now, add 1/2 cup milk and cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
4) Fold in crab meat, lemon juice, sherry, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and heat through. Keep it warm.
5) Take a heavy 6-inch skillet and grease it lightly. Heat it.
6) Remove it from heat and pour 2 tablespoons of the batter. Spread it evenly over its bottom.
7) Turn on the heat and cook until the underside is lightly browned. Remove the crepe.
8) Spread some crab meat on the un-browned side of the crepes and bake it at 400 degrees until it begins to toast.
9) Serve crab meat suzette topped with hollandaise sauce.