Crab Newburg With Half And Half
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced crab meat||1 Pound, shell and cartilage removed|
|Hot buttered toast/Patty shells||1|
1) Into the blender, add in the flour, salt, paprika , half and half and egg yolks.
2) Using the Stir blade, blend for about 4 seconds.
3) In a heavy saucepan, heat butter or margarine. Pour in the blended mixture.
4) Cook over low flame till the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Keep stirring continously. You may even cook it over a double boiler.
5) Add in the diced crabmeat next. Heat the mixture.
6) Take the saucepan off the flame.
7) If using sherry, add it in at this time.
8) Serve the Crab Newburg hot over toast or stuffed inside patty shells.