Crepes with Curried Crabmeat
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|King crab meat||7 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Shallots/Green onions||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the filling by making the white sauce. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
2. Add flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. In 1 tablespoon, hot butter in medium skillet, sauté shallots 1 minute.
4. Wash and separate crabmeat pieces. Add crabmeat; sauté 2 minutes longer. Add wine, curry, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the pepper, Worcestershire, and cayenne; cook over medium heat, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the white sauce just until blended. Set aside to chill till required
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. Make Crepes: In medium bowl, with rotary beater, beat milk with flour and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat until well combined.
7. Slowly heat a 5-1/2-inch skillet. Brush pan lightly with salad oil.
8. Pour about 1-1/2 tablespoons batter into skillet, tilting pan so batter covers bottom completely. Cook until nicely browned on underside. Loosen edge; turn; cook until browned on other side. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack; then stack on waxed paper.
9. Repeat with rest of batter to make 18 crepes; lightly brush pan with oil before making each.
10. Remove filling from refrigerator. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful onto each crepe; fold two opposite sides over filling.
11. Arrange in shallow baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
12. Meanwhile, make Topping: In small bowl, with rotary beater, beat egg yolk with salt until foamy; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Mix remaining butter with lemon juice; gradually beat into egg-yolk mixture.
13. With wire whisk or rubber scraper, fold in remaining white sauce just until combined.
14. Fold in whipped cream. Uncover hot crepes.
15. Spoon topping over them; then sprinkle lightly with grated Parmesan cheese.
16. Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, until nicely browned.
17. Serve hot
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.2%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234 mg78%
Sodium 781.8 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet