Soft Shell SautÃ©
|Cornmeal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft-shell crabs||8 , cleaned|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White grape juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raspberry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Spread the cornmeal on a plate.
2) Lightly roll the crabs in cornmeal to coat both sides.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil.
4) SautÃ© four crabs for 3 minutes on each side, until the crabs turn a reddish colour.
5) Remove to a plate and keep warm.
6) Repeat same process with the remaining oil and crabs.
7) In a small saucepan, combine together the apple juice, grape juice, vinegar, mustard and thyme.
8) Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half.
9) Place the crabs in a serving plate and pour the hot sauce over it, serve immediately.