King Crab Crown
|Finely snipped chives||4 Teaspoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely snipped|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned crab meat||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked and cartilage removed (1 Can)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In cold water, soften the gelatin and dissolve it over hot water.
2) Into the mayonnaise, stir the gelatin and then blend in the parsley, lemon juice, mustard, chives, salt and pepper.
3) Fold in the crab meat.
4) Whip the cream and fold it into the salad.
5) Into 3 1/2 cup mold, turn the salad.
6) Chill till the salad id firm (a minimum of 2 hours).
7) Onto a chilled serving platter, unmold the chilled salad and garnish with cucumber and lemon slices. Serve chilled or allow the salad to stand at room temperature for a bit and then serve. Makes a good appetizer as well as side dish.