Deviled Crab Meat Imperial
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked crab meat||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dry white bread crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Hollandaise sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a skillet, melt the butter.
3) Add the onion, mushrooms and green pepper and cook till the ingredients are tender.
4) Add the shallots, pimient and flour and blend well.
5) Add the cream and gently simmer for 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
6) Add the pepper, salt, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, crab meat and 2 cups of bread crumbs, Mix well till a thick mixture is formed.
7) Form the mixture into 8 balls.
8) In the remaining crumbs, roll the balls and place them on 8 individual baking dishes.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Remove the baked preparation from the oven and top each with 2 tablespoons of Hollandaise sauce.
11) Under a broiler, brown the crab meat balls for about 1 minute.
12) Serve the Deviled Crab Meat Imperial while still hot. Makes a good appetizer.