Roulade Of Crab
|Bechamel sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anchovy paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||8 , separated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||16 , hard boiled and finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Line a 12 x 18-inch baking sheet with buttered parchment paper.
2. Season the Bechamel Sauce with nutmeg to taste and the anchovy paste.
3. Combine 1 cup of the sauce with the crabmeat. Beat in the egg yolks and one third of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Beat the egg whites until firm but not dry and fold them into the crab mixture with a large metal spoon. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking sheet. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch.
5. Have ready a large sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with the remainder of the cheese. Quickly turn the roulade out onto this and strip off the paper on which it was baked.
6. Add the chopped eggs to the remaining sauce and spread the mixture over the roulade. Trim the sides, then tilt the paper and roll up as you would a jelly roll. Cover tightly and refrigerate.