|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clam juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Drain crabmeat, and remove any cartilage.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan.
3. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne until smooth. Gradually stir in clam juice and cream. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring; sauce will be thickened and smooth. Stir in sherry, egg, and crabmeat.
4. Heat rest of butter in small skillet; in it, sauté onion, mushrooms, parsley, and chives until mush- rooms are tender. This will take about 5 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs.
5. Fill 8 patty shells or toast cups with crabmeat mixture; top each with mushroom mixture.
6. Serve immediately