Emince D'Avocat Au Crabe, Gingembre Et Pamplemousse Rose
|Live crabs||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Crab, 675 - 700 Gram)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|For the mayonnaise|
|Groundnut oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lemon||1⁄4 , juiced|
|For the vinaigrette|
|Groundnut oil||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon, warm|
1. In a large dish, bring to boil 2 liters / 3 1/2 pt water with 25 g / 1 oz salt
2. Peel the ginger root and reserve
3. Add the trimmings to the water and simmer the water for a few minutes
4. Prepare the mayonnaise in a large bowl by mixing the egg yolks, mustard, salt and pepper,
5. Very gradually pour in the oil and then add the lemon juice
6. Taste and correct seasoning
7. Mix 2 tbsp mayonnaise with the ginger sticks and crab meat.
8. Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking the oil very slowly into the mustard.
9. Gradually add half the vinegar and continue mixing until all the oil is absorbed.
10. Add the remaining vinegar and warm water until the consistency is right.
11. Season and set aside till required
12. Clean the crab under running water and then plunge it into the boiling water and simmer the crabs for 10 minutes
13. Take off the heat and leave for another ten minutes
14. Remove the crab from the water and cool for one hour
15. Take all the flesh from the crab and discard the shell and bones
16. Slice the ginger root and cut into fine sticks
17. Poach the strips in boiling water for 15 minutes
18. Dip into cold water and refresh the strips
19. Wash the lettuce and pat dry
20. Lay down 2-3 leaves one on top of another
21. Roll them up and shred them up with a sharp knife
22. Toss the shredded lettuce with 2 tbsp vinaigrette
23. Cut each avocado in half lengthways, peel them and slice thinly.
24. Remove the peel and pith from the grapefruit
25. Cut each segment in half lengthways.
26. Place a mound of shredded lettuce on each plate
27. Arrange the avocado slices around it.
28. Spoon a little vinaigrette over them.
29. Top with the crab salad, surrounded by the grapefruit segments.
Serve as-is immediatley
Cook the crab just 3-4 hours before serving it
Calories 920 Calories from Fat 745
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.6%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.2 mg60.1%
Sodium 492.6 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 105.9% Vitamin C 80.8%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet