Crab Meat Avery Island
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped celery||6 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||21 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lump crab meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In large saucepan melt butter, add onion, celery and green pepper.
2. Cook such that the vegetables are tender for about 5 minutes.
3. Blend in flour, stir in milk, soup, Tabasco and Worcestershire and cook with constant stirring such that the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Add salt, crab meat and parsley and heat.
5. Add to chafing dish keep warm over canned heat and serve in patty shells.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.6 mg52.2%
Sodium 1238.4 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 60.4%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet