Spinach Crepes with Curried Crab
|Buckwheat flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter / 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Frozen spinach||4 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed, well drained and chopped (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|White crab meat||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Mild curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat unsweetened natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Cilantro)|
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and remove any husks that remain in the sieve (strainer).
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the egg. Gradually whisk in the milk, then blend in the spinach. Transfer the batter to a jug and let stand for 30 minutes.
3. To make the filling, mix together all the ingredients, except the coriander (cilantro), in a bowl, cover and chill.
4. Whisk the batter. Brush a small crepe pan with a little oil, heat until hot and pour in enough batter to cover the base thinly. Cook for 1-2 minutes until set, turn over and cook for 1 minute until golden. Transfer to a warmed plate. Repeat to make 8 pancakes, layering them on the plate with baking parchment.
5. Stir the coriander (cilantro) into the crab mixture. Fold each pancake into quarters. Open one fold and fill with the crab mixture. Serve warm, with a green salad and lemon wedges.