Broiled Crab Potato Patties
|All purpose potatoes||1 Pound|
|Lump crabmeat||1 Pound, picked over|
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced dill||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg/Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fine unseasoned dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemons||2 , cut into wedges|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel them and grate them through the large holes of a hand-held grater.
2. Preheat the broiler. Lightly oil a broiler rack.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, crabmeat, onion, parsley, dill, sherry, yogurt, egg whites, salt, pepper, mace, and cayenne, and mix gently to combine.
4. Form the mixture into 12 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Dredge each patty in the bread crumbs to coat it completely and place on the prepared broiler rack.
5. In a small saucepan, warm the oil with the butter over low heat until the butter is melted. Drizzle half of this mixture over the tops of the patties and broil until they turn a crusty golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the patties over, drizzle the remaining butter mixture over them, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot with the lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1551 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.7%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg11.4%
Sodium 2754.1 mg114.8%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 133 g266.4%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 411.3%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet