Curried Stuffed Crabs
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 3⁄4 Ounce (40 Grams)|
|For the court bouillon|
|White wine||9 Fluid Ounce (240 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , studded with 4 cloves|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Bouquet garni||1 (1 Sprig Thyme, 2 Bay Leaves, 3 Sprigs Parsley)|
1. Prepare the stock: in a large saucepan, place 2 litres (3/2 pints) water, coarse salt, peppercorns, bouquet garni, onion, white wine and carrots. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring some water to the boil in another saucepan and immerse the tomatoes for 10 seconds. Drain, peel and remove the seeds. Melt 30 g (1 1/4 oz) butter in a frying pan, add the tomatoes and mash them with a fork. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 250°C (475°F; gas mark 9).
4. Plunge the crabs into the stock. As soon as the stock returns to the boil, let them cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool in the stock. Remove the white meat from the legs and claws, scrape off the brown meat, orange meat (the liver) and eggs (if any). Finely chop the crabmeat. Wash the shells and reserve.
5. Add the crabmeat to the tomatoes, stir well with a fork, add curry powder, season with salt and pepper and stir again. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Spoon the mixture into the shells, top with small knobs of butter and cook for 5 minutes. Serve at once.