Crabmeat Basil Lasagne
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clam juice||8 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or crushed through a press (Large Clove)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Lump crabmeat||1 Pound (Fresh, Picked Over)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lasagne noodles||5 Ounce (6 In Number)|
|Sweet paprika||1 Teaspoon|
1. Adjust a shelf to the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400°. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil while you prepare the sauce.
2. In a heavy medium nonreactive saucepan, combine the milk, clam juice, wine, garlic, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and black pepper. Place a sieve over the pan and gently add all of the flour to the sieve but do not sift it through. Lightly tap once, so just a film of flour sifts through. Whisk it into the liquid until smooth and then tap again. Repeat until all of the flour has been whisked in and the mixture is smooth.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, whisking constantly, over moderate heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, whisking, until very thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 6 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Remove 1 cup of the Parmesan sauce and reserve for the top. Stir the crabmeat, lemon juice and basil into the remaining Parmesan sauce.
4. Add the lasagne noodles to the boiling water and return to a boil. Stir carefully without tearing the noodles, cook until almost tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry on paper towels.
5. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the sauce from the crabmeat filling in a 12-by-8-by-2-inch glass baking dish or shallow casserole. Cut 2 lasagne noodles in half crosswise and place in the dish, crosswise, to make a single layer. Spread with half of the crabmeat filling. Cut 2 more noodles as before and arrange over the crab. Spread with the remaining crabmeat filling. Top with the 2 remaining lasagne noodles, cutting them as before. Spread the reserved Parmesan sauce over the top. Sprinkle on the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan and the paprika. Bake until the lasagne is hot and bubbly and lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Cut the lasagne into 6 equal squares. Serve hot, with steamed broccoli and lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2017 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.9%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg31.7%
Sodium 5820.6 mg242.5%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 177 g354%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 126% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet