Spicy Crab Cake
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Oil||1 , for frying|
1. Crack open the shell at the joint using a nutcracker, slit the skin with a scissor and with the help of a sharp knife or hand, pull the meat out. Cut the meat into small pieces and using light pressure, mash the crabmeat. Keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat very little oil, come cumin, crushed garlic, chopped onions, and little salt and sauté for 2 mins.
3. Transfer the mixture in a bowl, add mashed rice, coriander leaves, chilli powder, and crab meat and them mix all the ingredients well.
4. Now add breadcrumbs to the mixture to help them bind well.
5. Make nice, big balls, flatten the top and keep them aside.
6. Add some butter to a pan. As soon as the butter melts, add the crab cutlets and cook them in medium flame so that they are well cooked. Turn sides to ensure that your cakes don't get burn. You can cover the pan with a lid and cook the cakes in very low flame so that they are well-cooked to the core.
7. Serve hot with a nice dip.