Deep Fried Crabmeat Fritters With Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Bamboo shoots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slice||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lump crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred bamboo shoots, celery, water chestnuts, snow peas and soaked mushrooms. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root; then combine with soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.
4. Beat eggs. Blend in flour and beat vigorously to a smooth batter. Pick over and mince crabmeat; then add to batter along with garlic salt and pepper. Blend in well.
5. Heat oil. Drop in crabmeat mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then crushed garlic; stir-fry to brown lightly. Add shredded vegetables and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add ginger-soy mixture; stir-fry 1 minute more. Then add stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
8. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, sugar, water and remaining soy sauce to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Pour vegetable mixture over crabmeat. Garnish with sprigs of Chinese parsley and serve.