Cold Crabmeat Mousse
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot canned chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned crab meat||13 Ounce, flaked and picked over well (Two 6 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
1. In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the broth and milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk.
2. Soften the gelatin in the cold water and add to the sauce. Cook, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except the cream and refrigerate until the mixture starts to set.
4. Meanwhile, tie a band of waxed paper or aluminum foil around the top of a straight-sided bowl of six-cup capacity. Let the band rise two inches above the bowl.
5. Fold the cream into the partly set mixture. Turn into the prepared dish (the mixture may come to the level of the paper) and refrigerate until set.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2702 Calories from Fat 2093
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g366.3%
Saturated Fat 143.8 g719.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1126.2 mg375.4%
Sodium 3289.1 mg137%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 101 g201.4%
Vitamin A 225.6% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 63.4% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet