|Chuck steak||8 Ounce|
|Short crust pastry||8 Ounce|
1) With a sharp knife, remove the pigeon breasts and put into a saucepan with the steak cut into small pieces.
2) Season with salt, pepper and mace and just cover with water.
3) Simmer with lid on for 1 hour.
4) Cool completely.
5) In a foil baking dish, put the pigeon and cover with pastry, sealing well.
6) Either wrap, seal, label and freeze at once
7) Or bake at 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7, for 30 minutes.
8) Let it cool completely, wrap, seal, label and freeze.
9) For baked pastry, thaw it, heat it, cut into pieces and serve.
10) Thaw the unbaked pastry, bake it at above temperature, cut into pieces and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2150 Calories from Fat 1135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.5%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1057.3 mg352.4%
Sodium 1291.3 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.94%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 215 g429.9%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 121.3%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 264.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet