|Chuck steak||8 Ounce|
|Short crust pastry||8 Ounce|
1) With a sharp knife, remove the pigeon breasts and put into a saucepan with the steak cut into small pieces.
2) Season with salt, pepper and mace and just cover with water.
3) Simmer with lid on for 1 hour.
4) Cool completely.
5) In a foil baking dish, put the pigeon and cover with pastry, sealing well.
6) Either wrap, seal, label and freeze at once
7) Or bake at 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7, for 30 minutes.
8) Let it cool completely, wrap, seal, label and freeze.
9) For baked pastry, thaw it, heat it, cut into pieces and serve.
10) Thaw the unbaked pastry, bake it at above temperature, cut into pieces and serve.