Pork without bone - 1 lb [500 g]
Cox's Orange Pippin apples - 2
Onion - 1, large
Dry cider - 1/4 pint [125 ml]
Chicken stock cube - 1
Frozen puff pastry - 1 packet
Butter - 1 oz [25 g]
Seasoned flour - 2 oz [50 g]
Salt and pepper
1) Cube the pork in 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes.
2) Add into the seasoned flour and toss well to coat.
3) Peel the apple and cube.
4) Dice the potatoes and slice the onion.
5) In a pan, heat butter and add onion and fry lightly.
6) Mix in the potatoes and apple and fry for another few minutes.
7) Take out from the pan, raise the heat and allow the pork to brown.
8) Crumble the stock cube over the meat and pour in the dry cider.
9) Run the spoon around the side and bottom of the pan.
10) Add the potatoes, apples and onions back with the meat.
11) Mixing well and season to taste.
12) Turn out into a pie dish and cover with puff pastry.
13) Place in oven for 20 minutes at 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7.
14) Lower the heat to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4 and cook for another 40 minutes.
15) Garnish with apple slices and serve.