Smoked haddock - 8 oz [250 g]
Bacon - 4 oz [100 g], crisply fried
Milk - 1/2 pint [250 ml]
Corn flour - 1 dessertspoon [1X10 ml spoon]
Butter - 1 oz [25 g]
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6.
2) Lightly grease a pie dish and place aside.
3) Divide the haddock into pieces.
4) In a saucepan combine butter and milk.
5) Place over heat and bring to the boil.
6) Add the fish to simmer and cook.
7) Add the chopped up, crisply fried bacon.
8) In a small bowl, combine corn flour with a little milk.
9) Pour the corn flour mixture into the pan.
10) Shake the pan vigorously, while mixing.
11) Place the mixture into the pie dish.
12) Pipe the duchesse mixture on top.
13) Place the dish inside hot oven to bake for 20 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
14) Serve hot by garnishing with grated cheese, if desired.