Pina Colada Pie
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon, divided (2 envelopes)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rum extract||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can)|
1) Use vegetable spray over a 9-inch pie plate.
2) In a saucepan, add cornstarch in 1 cup of the skim milk and stir till dissolved.
3) Sprinkle 1 envelope of the gelatin over milk and allow to soften.
4) Mix in 1 tablespoon of the honey and stir and heat till the mixture turns thick and the gelatin dissolves.
5) Add in vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of the rum extract, rest of the skim milk, and coconut.
6) Transfer into the pie plate and chill for 2 hours till the mix sets.
7) Drain the pineapple and preserve the juice in a pot.
8) Add in the remaining gelatin over the juice and keep aside to soften.
9) Stir and heat till the gelatin dissolves and turn off the heat.
10) Remove from the heat and add in the remaining honey and rum extract.
11) Add into the pineapple and cool.
12) Spread over the coconut mix and chill.
13) Garnish with the coconut and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg3.1%
Sodium 357.7 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 105.9 g
Protein 51 g102.5%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 64.7%
Calcium 87% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet