Crunchy Spice Pie
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unbaked 8 inch pastry shell||1|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a clean bowl, beat the yolks for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened and light in colour.
3) Gently sift the flour, cinnamon and cloves over the yolk mixture.
4) Beat the yolks while adding the flour mixture.
5) Fold in the pecans, raisins and butter.
6) In another clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
7) Lightly fold the egg whites and vinegar into the flour mixture.
8) Pour the flour mixture in the unbaked pastry shell.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
10) Lower the heat to 350°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
12) Cut in wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Calories 933 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118 mg39.3%
Sodium 428.3 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 85.4 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 19% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet