Crunchy Spice Pie
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unbaked 8 inch pastry shell||1|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a clean bowl, beat the yolks for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened and light in colour.
3) Gently sift the flour, cinnamon and cloves over the yolk mixture.
4) Beat the yolks while adding the flour mixture.
5) Fold in the pecans, raisins and butter.
6) In another clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
7) Lightly fold the egg whites and vinegar into the flour mixture.
8) Pour the flour mixture in the unbaked pastry shell.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
10) Lower the heat to 350°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
12) Cut in wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.