|Fresh blackberries/Fresh raspberries, or blueberries||2 Pint|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Egg yolk||2 Tablespoon|
1) Form the pastry into a ball and divide in half.
2) Over lightly floured surface, roll out half of pastry into an 11-inch circle.
3) Line a 9-inch pie plate, with the rolled pastry.
4) Place the pie plate in refrigerator with the remaining pastry until ready to use.
5) Preheat the oven to 400F.
6) In a large bowl, place the berries and dredge with lemon juice.
7) In another bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
8) Mix the flour mixture with the berries, and toss lightly to combine.
9) Transfer the berry mixture into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding in center.
10) Mark the berry mixture with butter.
11) Over lightly floured surface, roll out remaining pastry into an 11-inch circle.
12) Using a sharp knife, make several slits near center, for steam vents.
13) Place the rolled pastry over the filling.
14) Gently fold edge of top crust under bottom crust; press together, and crimp decoratively.
15) In a cup, beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water.
16) Using brush lightly apply egg mixture over the top crust.
17) Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices start to bubble through steam vents and crust is golden- brown.
18) Allow to cool on wire rack at least 1 hour.
19) Slice and cut into wedge and serve warm with scoop of ice cream if desired.