Shepherdess Pie With Beef Soup
|Heat and serve sausage patties||20 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable beef soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Hot mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Crumbled whole wheat wafers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cup baking dish.
2) Slice each sausage patty into around 10 small pieces.
3) In a medium skillet, add in the sausage patties and brown, stirring frequently.
4) Add in the flour and stir well, till the mixture starts to bubble. Pour in the water and vegetable-beef soup mix.
5) Cook for 5 more minutes till the gravy starts to thicken.
6) In the baking dish, line the bottom and sides with 3 cups of mashed potatoes.
7) Add in the sausage gravy into the baking dish.
8) Arrange the remaining potatoes in mounds over the gravy.
9) Sprinkle the top with crumbled whole-wheat wafers.
10) Bake for about 45 minutes or until the gravy starts to bubble.
11) Sprinkle the Shepherdess Pie with finely, chopped parsley.
Calories 1270 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.1 mg8.7%
Sodium 1521.6 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 147.8%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet