Some More Pie
|Graham crackers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Regular vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Miniature marshmallows||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate candy bars||3 3⁄4 Ounce, broken in pieces|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Combine together the crumbs, melted butter and first ¼ cup of sugar. Mix well.
3) On the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate, press the mixture firmly.
4) Bake in preheated oven till the edges turn brown in color (about 6 to 8 minutes of baking). Cool the crust.
5) Combine together the egg yolks and milk and add the mixture very gradually to the pudding mix in the saucepan.
6) Cook as per the directions on the package.
7) With waxed paper, cover the surface of the pudding.
8) Over the crust, place the marshmallows and top with chocolate pieces.
9) All over the chocolate, spoon the pudding evenly.
10) With the cream of tartar and vanilla, beat the egg whites till soft peaks have formed.
11) Add ¼ cup of sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks form.
12) Spread the mixture on top of the pie, sealing the edges of the crust.
13) Bake in the preheated oven (at 375 degrees) for another 10 to 12 minutes, till the pie is golden in color.
14) Cool the pie thoroughly and transfer it to a decorative serving platter. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for a little while to serve lightly chilled. Makes a good dessert, especially at kids parties and get-togethers.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.9 mg35.3%
Sodium 329.6 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.7% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet