|Eggplant||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (Use 1 Large Sized)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a baking sheet for the oven
2. Lay the sliced eggplants on the baking sheet in a single layer and broil them in a hot broiler for 3-5 minutes on each side till they turn hot, crisp and brown
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a medium bowl, place the mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and mix well
5. Arrange the eggplants on a 9-inch nonstick pie pan in a circular layer. Overlap the slices to ensure an even layer. Press the edges of the slices together at the rim so that they resemble a pie crust.
6. Arrange the vegetables over the eggplant and sprinkle the eggplant with oregano and the garlic
7. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the vegetable layer
8. Lastly sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the mixed cheeses
9. Bake until cheese is melted and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Cut into wedges and serve two per person.