|Piecrust mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Beef/Veal/lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced, cooked|
|Canned mixed vegetables||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped 1/4 cup|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Teaspoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Prepare pastry as per package directions and on lightly floured pastry cloth or board roll 2/3 of pastry to fit over bottom and sides of 11 x7x1 1/2baking pan.
3. Using the edge of pan or with pastry wheel or sharp knife cut the overhang flush.
4. Out of the remaining pastry roll 10x6 rectangle, then with pastry wheel or sharp knife cut lengthwise in half and crosswise in quarters to make 8 pieces.
5. In medium-size bowl toss lightly to combine meat, mixed vegetables, catsup, onion, thyme, salt and pepper.
6. In medium-size bowl spoon meat mixture and toss lightly.
7. Into pastry-lined pan Spoon meat mixture in even layer, arrange pastry squares on top and brush with melted butter or margarine.
8. Bake in hot oven for15 to 20 minutes such that the pastry is golden-brown and filling is bubbly-hot.
9. Optionally make pie in 9-inch pie plate, cutting an 8-inch round of pastry for topping into 8 wedges.
10. Serve hot with desired garnish.